What is IoT Day Slam?
The IoT Day Slam 2020 is the Internet of Things Community’s eleventh international IoT Conference; (fourth live event), that builds on the successes of the world’s longest standing independing IoT Conference – IoT Slam, dedicated to addressing the rapidly shifting landscape of IoT (Internet of Things) – and how this impacts the Industrial, Enterprise and Smart City industry. The IoT Day Slam 2020 features world class keynotes, engaging panels, breakout sessions and workshops showcasing cutting edge thought leadership, expert use cases – providing you with meaningful advice, industry best practices, and real world takeaways on all things IoT, Cloud, Mobile and Big Data, across across the entire IoT industry spectrum – which you can use in your IoT Strategy right away!
Who is behind IoT Day Slam?
The IoT Day Slam 2020 is a continuation to the highly acclaimed IoT Slam series of events, organized and produced by the Internet of Things Community – IoT Community; The world’s largest CxO network of IoT practitioners. It is also a celebration of the internationally recognized IoT Day, where all eyes of the world will be looking at the Internet of Things.
When is the IoT Day Slam 2019?
The IoT Day Slam Conference takes place April 9th 2019 – on World IoT Day.
The event is hosted at 8.30am US Eastern Time for those planning to watch the proceedings via the internet in real-time. All materials are recorded and made available post event.
Where is IoT Day Slam 2020 being held?
The live (in-person) event is held at:
Hilton New Orleans Riverside,
2 Poydras Street,
New Orleans, Louisiana,
The event is also being broadcast via the internet so that global attendees can watch the live stream broadcast in the Cloud delivered via a bespoke, customized and secure virtual environment! Virtual attendees will experience an immersion of exclusive world class content, from industry leading experts – brought straight to the comfort of your office, home or mobile device.
How much does it cost to take part in IoT Day Slam?
Access to the event is free for IoT Community members – it is free to become a member of the community. There is the option of a premium ticket too. Please see https://iotslam.com/register for full ticket options.
Free Virtual Access for IoT Community Members (individual or corporate): It is free to become an individual member – please visit https://iotslam.com/community and apply to join our Linkedin group to validate your membership.
Once you are a member, Tickets can be secured via Eventbrite at this page https://iotslam.com/register/ . The free registration is based on a per person basis. Attendees will receive unique access credentials to access content on-line.
There is also a premium Diamond Virtual Pass priced at $199 that comes loaded with added benefits.
Is the virtual event being broadcast Live or is the content pre-recorded?
This event features content that is being presented live and in real time. and content will contain a mixture of video sessions, as well as voice over slide deck presentations.
Do I need any specialist software or specifications to attend the event?
The simple answer is No! All you need is computer (desktop or mobile device) that can connect to the internet (256kbps minimum Up and Down) to get access to live proceedings.
Can I engage with the speakers? – I don’t want to feel like I am watching a recording
Yes, in fact we encourage it, and speakers appreciate it! During presentations, you can post questions to the presenter, depending on how much time has been afforded for Q & A by the presenter[Media / Journalists / Bloggers and Social Influencers – Get access to exclusive IoT sessions delivered by IoT leaders. Send us a mail with your request and credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org (Proof of media affiliation will be required to confirm your ticket)
How do I become a Speaker at IoT Day Slam?
Call for papers is now open, If you would like to be considered as a speaker for this years event please visit – https://iotslam.com/iot-day-slam-2020-paper-submission/
What are deadlines for speaking submissions?
January 6th 2020 -Call for Papers opens
February 14th, 2020 – Call for Papers closes
February 21st, 2020 – Speakers Notified of Acceptance
March 1st 2020 – Final Agenda Published
April 9th 2020 – IoT Day Slam Conference Commences in New Orleans & online
Do I have to sponsor the event in order to speak?
No. You don’t have to be a sponsor to be a speaker at this event, however should you become a sponsor, your participation you will be significantly enhanced as well as your positioning in the broader IoT space. The majority of IoT Slam sessions are secured free of charge. The submission is free of charge, and if selected there is no cost to present.
Will my presentation be recorded?
All speaker sessions will be recorded and made available for reuse (with full shared copyrights) to the materials. The content is typically provided back to speakers within 2 weeks after the event. Additionally content will be made available for users to view on demand as well as proliferated through our IoT channels after 3 months.
Do I need any special training or equipment to present my session Virtually?
The simple answer is no! For sessions that will be delivered virtually, All you need is a computer (desktop or Laptop), a stable internet connection (around 2mbps up and down), your presentation / slide deck, a microphone, a webcam (optional for those who wish to present using video) and a good presentation voice.
We will be conducting dry-runs and holding special training open to all speakers a couple of weeks before the event goes live to make sure you are comfortable and fluent with the virtual platform.
How does a company become a sponsor of IoT Slam and what levels of sponsorship do you offer?
Please contact us at email@example.com to discuss available packages and options.
What are the advantages of becoming a sponsor?
Being a sponsor of IoT Slam provides your organization with unprecedented impact and huge levels of brand awareness, visibility and exposure. Additionally, sponsors have right of first acceptance on headline and priority inventories – which are prime time sessions that reach the peak and prime levels of attendance.
Sponsors can also take advantage of our added visibility packages pre-during-and post event – which benefit from highly desirable lead / demand generation deliverables which yield invaluable, quantifiable and measurable ROI. We have different levels of sponsor packages designed with your budget, outcome and objectives in mind. We can work with you to determine which package best fits your needs and capabilities. We can also work with you to define a tailored approach, to ensure that we secure the natural fit for you.
To find out more about our sponsorship opportunities entail, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What are other ways for Sponsors to participate?
As part of our content proliferation program, we offer sponsors the opportunity to distribute “non sales / product pitch oriented” content to our members through our website and direct to event attendees / registrants. This gives sponsors the chance to share their thought leadership and promotional material with our members through the use of white papers, case studies, articles, videos, etc. Additionally we leverage direct and partner channels to add further reach and coverage for our sponsors.
How many people are expected to attend IoT Slam ?
We expect an audience of 1,000 – 1,500 attendees to attend in real-time – which is inline to the attendance from our prior 6 IoT Slam virtual events and the IoT Slam Live 2017, and IoT Slam Live 2018 audience numbers.
Through our direct channels, we have a global reach to over 100,000 senior level business decision makers. By leveraging our partner channels we gain further access to a further 500,000 global decision makers. Within 6 months of the content being disseminated post the event, we anticipate IoT Slam content will have been consumed by over 1,000,000 executives.
Terms & Conditions
Registration, Cancellation, and changes to your booking
- Cancellations can be made at least one month before the start of the event. There will be an administration fee of 25%
- Attendees may nominate an alternative person from their organization to attend up to 2 weeks prior to the start of the event, at no extra charge. After this date, the full invoiced amount is payable.
- If you are unable to attend the event, we recommend that you send a substitution request to email@example.com as soon as possible so that we can assist you in making your desired changes.
- IoT Slam Live is only available to professionals that are members of the Internet of Things Community.
- Mobile, recording devices and cameras, still or video, are prohibited from being used (unless granted express prior written permission by event organizers.)
- As this an exclusive and high in demand event, spaces are limited. We reserve the right to refuse entry to the event. In such cases, we will refund your registration fees only if the event is oversubscribed.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry or eject people from the event.
- Attendees should advise of any special access requirements at the time of registration.
- It is the responsibility of the attendee to arrange appropriate insurance cover in connection with their attendance at the conference. Conference Organizers cannot be held liable for any loss, liability or damage to personal property.
- Conference Organizers reserve the right to make alterations to the conference program, speakers, venue and timings. In the unlikely event of the program being canceled by Conference Organizers, a full refund will be made. Liability will be limited to the amount of the registration fee paid by the delegate.
- Views expressed by speakers are their own. We do not accept liability for advice given, or views expressed, by any speaker at the conference or in any material provided to attendees.
- Notice about Data Protection in compliance with GDPR requlations: All personal data supplied is subject to applicable data protection legislation. We will contact you from time to time, with event updates and other important member information. We may share member contact data with corporate members from time to time, enabling practical outputs from your engagement across this and other IoT Community member, referral, and consulting services. We make every effort to ensure that the products, or services that we refer to you, are in-line to your needs, however if you would not like to receive 3rd party communications, you have the option to opt-out freely. We will continue to hold and use information you provide to contact you about any future events or promotions. You also have the option to opt-out freely. A full overview of our IoT Community Terms and Conditions can be viewed at: https://iotcommunity.net/terms-of-use/
© IoT Community’s IoT Day Slam 2020 IoT Conference
Join the IoT Community at https://iotslam.com/community