Panel Discussion – The role of Cellular in IoT and the promise of 5G
What is Cellular technologies role in IoT today and will 5G become the backbone which powers the future Internet of Things? In this panel, industry experts discuss where Cellular IoT is today and how emerging technologies like licenced LPWA and 5G can accelerate IoT’s growth and potential.
Topic areas to be explored:
- Why use Cellular compared to unlicensed technologies?
- Are their specific verticals and use cases Cellular is better suited for?
- What benefits do the new Cellular LPWA technologies (CAT-M1, NB1) bring?
- Is Cellular for IoT too expensive or is this an urban myth?
- Does IoT need 5G and what benefits will it offer?